Thursday, February 3, 2011

30 Days of Truth 18, 19 and 20

Well we survived the blizzard - barely. It is hard to say exactly how much snow we got since we live in the wide open and the winds were gusting up to about 70mph at times but we heard they are estimating our town at 20-22". We have 6'tall snow drifts in our yard and now that J has plowed our driveway we have hills that are about 8'. We lost power 3 times but thankfully only a matter of about 2 minutes at the longest.
But.... by barely I mean my Brynnie isn't feeling good. She had a fever of 102.5* and was so sad all the time. She wouldn't sleep yesterday or last night unless she was being held. Not that I minded that at all. She woke up this morning and her temp was down slightly to 101.3 and now it seems to have gone. Last I checked she was at 98.0 :) She is still a bit fussy and I actually think the cause of all of it is teething but only time will tell on that one.

Onto the 30 Days of Truth (I should probably just be calling this 30 Truths since I threw out that day thing huh?)
Day 18 → Your views on gay marriage.
I have no issues with gay marriage. If you love someone who am I to say you can't be with them? It may not be for me but I don't see why people have problems with it.  



Day 19 → What do you think of religion? Or what do you think of politics?
Well as for religion I would have to say I am more of a spiritual person than a religious person. I appreciate that everyone has their own beliefs but I get upset when people try and push their religion on me. I believe in God. I believe in a higher being. I do not go to church. I will celebrate my religion in my way.
Politics are a whole other subject.... I will sum up my feelings on politics with this story. One night J & I were talking to B and telling her how wonderful she is and that she has the ability to be anything she wants in life. I then said you can be anything but don't be a bad person, like a prostitute or murderer or thief. Don't lie and lead people to believe one thing and then do another. All Jeff said was in other words Don't be a politician. I about died laughing from laughing so hard. I try and avoid talking about politics.



Day 20 → Your views on drugs and alcohol.
Drugs are def not for me. I don't see what good that they can possibly do. Prescription drugs are even too much for some people. As for alcohol I will admit I like my adult beverages. At one time in my life I liked to have too many in a night. Now I am at a point that I drink for the taste because I enjoy it not because I want to get drunk.
I know too many people who use one or the other too frequently and have gotten themselves addicted and into a mess of trouble. I'll just stick with my wine and margaritas on occasion and be a happy girl.

xoxo....P

No comments:

Post a Comment