Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Excitement All Around

First and most exciting at the moment is I'm an Auntie! My sissy had an adorable baby boy a couple weeks ago and I have fallen in Love! Expect lots of pics of this little man! And eventually lots of pics of him with Little B.


This was taken during his sponge bath on my parents table when he wasn't even a week old.

Meeting our first little nephew has made J and I even more excited to meet our little miss. I can't believe that in 12 weeks (give or take) she will be in my arms! This is flying by! And there is so much to do to get ready for her. I'm not convinced we will get it all done.


Our To Do List consists of the following:


Renovate our bathroom and utility room. How fair is it that our utility room is 4Xs the size of our ONLY bathroom? Stupid old farmhouse. ;) Confession time: I'm kinda glad I won't be able to do much to help!


Decorate and Set up Little B's room


Build a deck and put in a hot tub


Go on a mini-vacation. Location yet to be determined.


Attend Both of our baby showers, write thank yous, and organize all of the presents for Little B.


I'm sure there are countless other things I'm just not thinking of at the moment due to pregnancy brain.


So lets back up to our mini-vaca quickly. We cannot decide where to go! J is hesitant to go to FL because we have been there (and I'll be going again in Sept) but I'm kinda pushing for it. I would like to park my butt in a beach chair with a good book and a good margarita (though that part won't happen) worrying about nothing except if I have enough sunscreen on and where to get our next delish meal.


Now lets back up a little farther to Little B's room. It is going to be a farm theme which is quite appropriate for our house. My mom came over last weekend and we got the base painting done! YAY! But there is still so much to do. One wall will be done to look like a barn wall, and then we will be stenciling an apple tree and some other fun things on the walls. I can't wait to see the end result.


Before and During Pics:









Oh and you see that dresser there? That is getting stripped and probably painted green with some cute stencil things on it.


This weekend should be fun. I'm going to a party (w/o J because he is working OT.) and Sunday J & I & my parents are going to the Blackhawks game! Last game before the playoffs begin. Cross your fingers they beat the Red Wings!!!


I'll be back with pics of J & I (and my super cute Hawks shirt) next week.

Hope you all have a great weekend! I know I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment