Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Un-Stuffed Green Peppers

Thanks to the inspiration of some lovely ladies I know I have decided in an effort to blog more I'm going to start blogging some of my favorite things to cook. I hope you enjoy some of these recipes. I know we do.

Up first since I just made a ton of it this weekend.... I always make at least 2 lbs of meat if not 4 to freeze the mixture so the next time we want some I just have to cut the green peppers and bake!
Un-Stuffed Green Peppers
Sadly I didn't think to take a picture of it. But I can next time if anyone wants to see it.

Ingredients:
4 good size Green Peppers.
1 lb ground beef (I'm sure you could substitute ground turkey if you chose but my ILs split 1/2 a cow with us for Christmas so I have pounds and pounds of ground beef.)
1-2 cans tomato soup (I use Healthy Choice)
1 cup Instant White Rice (Uncooked)
1 small onion
shredded cheese (I use a Mexican blend)
1 packet taco seasoning (and the water needed to make taco flavored meat)

Directions:
Cook ground beef until done - drain grease
Follow directions on taco seasoning packet
While cooking cut up and sautee 1 small onion
Once the meat is cooked add sauteed Onions and 1 Cup Uncooked Instant Rice
Remove seeds from Green Peppers and cut into bite sized pieces (hence the "un-stuffed")
Layer Green Pepper pieces on the bottom of a 9X13 pan
(If you like things cheesey I always do a thin layer of cheese over the green peppers.)
Then I add a layer of Tomato soup
Layer the meat mixture
Cover with more tomato soup
Bake at 350* for 30 minutes
Add a layer of cheese and continue baking for another 5 min
Enjoy!!!

xoxo...P

No comments:

Post a Comment