Thursday, October 7, 2010

30 Days of Truth - Day 4

Day 04 → Something you have to forgive someone for.

Right now the biggest thing I feel I need to forgive someone for is being a terrible friend. This I am having a hard time with because it was a "best friend" (or 2). They should know what they did and I doubt they do, which is part of what makes it so hard, and what makes me sad for them. Being a friend requires effort on both sides. I am sick of being the only one who made an effort for the last year +. And it isn't like this should be news to these friends because it has been discussed before. But sadly they don't have a clue. I'll admit that I have cut back on the effort that I am putting forth, but who wouldn't after being pretty much ignored for that long?. I mean even returning a phone call I made went unanswered or unreturned on more than one occasion.

I am not by any means saying I am the perfect friend. I know I'm not. I know that in the past I was 100% guilty of the very same thing. But I like to think that I have learned from my mistakes and I feel that these friends haven't.

But the worst part is something heinous that was done to my sister by one of these "friends".  I doubt they read this blog (because of the lack of effort mentioned above) but just in case....yes I now know what you did and I doubt I will actually ever get to the forgiveness stage. Actually at this point I feel like you don't deserve another thought of mine. It floors me that a "good friend" or a "best friend" as you called yourself all these years would do something like that. I don't know how I (or my sister, mom, dad, brother and husband) will ever get over the thing that you did. And if I can't get over it I can't forgive it.

I don't feel a need to elaborate because if they read this and don't know that I am talking about them and the terrible thing they did to her then not only are they the biggest slimeball I have met they are the biggest dumbass too.

The motto is Forgive and Forget right? Not this time. I know that I don't have to forgive anyone of anything. It is my choice and I think I'm better off just forgetting. Forgetting the friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment