Saturday, October 9, 2010

30 Year "Checklist"

I was reading my friend Krysten's blog @ http://www.after-i-do.com/ and came across this list that one of her friends found in Glamour and I thought I would post it here too. It is a list of Things Every Woman should have by the age of 30. Lets see how I measure up.

By 30 you should have:

1. One old boyfriend you can imagine going back to and one who reminds you of how far you’ve come.  Well No and Yes. But I wouldn't change it at all. I don't need to imagine going back to anyone else when my husband is the best guy in the world for me. And as for the guy who reminds me how far I have come let's just say more than 1 guy reminds me of that.

2. A decent piece of furniture not previously owned by anyone else in your family.  Yep! Love our sofa and chair. And dining room set - even if I did get it at Goodwill - we re-finished it. And my fav would be our bed! The mattress specifically. Tempur pedic! Pure Bliss!


3. Something perfect to wear if the employer or man of your dreams wants to see you in an hour.  I think check and check - though they may not fit the best at the moment I still have 5 lbs to go 'til Pre-Baby weight.


4. A purse, a suitcase and an umbrella you’re not ashamed to be seen carrying.  Yep, Yep and Yep.

5. A youth you’re content to move beyond.  I would say so. I loved my childhood and my teenage years but I look forward to my future so much. I'm happy to say that I have very fond memories and can't wait to make new ones!

6. A past juicy enough that you’re looking forward to retelling it in your old age.  I don't know about juicy (well some are but I won't be telling them to B or any future kids for quite some time.) But I have great, fun and amazing stories because I have great, fun and amazing family and friends.


7. The realization that you are actually going to have an old age—and some money set aside to help fund it.  Thanks to Jeff yes. We are constantly working towards being able to add more to that too.

8. An e-mail address, a voice mailbox and a bank account—all of which nobody has access to but you.  Nope and I don't want it that way. I don't think Jeff knows my email password but if he wants it I could care less. There is nothing in there I have to hide. (Unless it is Christmas time and I ordered something for him but he could see where I purchase things from on our joint account.) We have a joint account and I would much rather it be that way. 3 accounts was redic! And as for voicemail I am too lazy to password protect.

9. A résumé that is not even the slightest bit padded.  Check - though it isn't all that impressive in my eyes.


10. One friend who always makes you laugh and one who lets you cry.  Can we count this as the same person? My BFF is my go to girl for just about anything. Without her there are time I would have been totally lost. And I'm so happy to say my sissy is now falling into both of these categories as well.

11. A set of screwdrivers, a cordless drill and a black lace bra.  Yes, No and No. If I need any tools we have a whole shop (garage) full .. though I'm not supposed to touch things out there. ;) And a black lace bra just sounds uncomfortable and I'm not a lace girl. I'll stick to my nursing bra for now. haha!


12. Something ridiculously expensive that you bought for yourself, just because you deserve it.  Not yet, Jeff got my camera for me. I don't know what else I would want at this point.

13. The belief that you deserve it. Oh I know I totally deserve my camera! :)

14. A skin-care regimen, an exercise routine and a plan for dealing with those few other facets of life that don’t get better after 30.  I wash my face when I shower, does that count? I don't exercise right now but plan on starting again and I have 8 million plans.


15. A solid start on a satisfying career, a satisfying relationship and all those other facets of life that do get better. No, and YES! Not even close on the career. But I will. I do have a very satisfying relationship. I love my hubby and am so blessed he is in my life.

So I have a year and a few months until I am 30 and don't have as many of these as I suppose I "should". But I have so many things that aren't on this list that I think are even more important - at least to me.
I have the love of a wonderful man,
an amazing little girl who I'm so proud to be a mommy to,
the respect of my husband, family, friends and co-workers,
knowledge of what I would like to do with my life,
passion for life and those in my life,
and a happiness and satisfaction that no check list of things someone should have by a certain age will ever give anyone.

How are you doing on this list? Or even better, your own list?

No comments:

Post a Comment