Thursday, October 7, 2010

30 Days of Truth - Day 6

Day 06 → Something you hope you never have to do.

Just thinking about this brings tears to my eyes. I hope to never have to bury a child. I cannot imagine the heartache and the pain that I would feel because of that. I don't know how I would handle it. I think I would become an empty shell of a the person that I am now. I don't think I would know how to function or move on in my life.
I have some very good friends who recently lost their baby girl at 31 weeks gestation. The strength that they are displaying right now amazes and inspires me. Of course they are heartbroken and of course they have bad days. They always will I'm sure. But they have resolved to live their lives as they always have and always would. Seeing them and hearing what they are doing inspires me so much. I'm bringing this up because I don't know that I would be able to continue my life in the way that they are. Just hearing their news I fell apart instantly. I have cried for them and for their loss many times since then. I know they think about their daughter all the time. More than anyone can even comprehend I'm willing to bet. If I were in their shoes I don't think I would be able to show the strength that they are.

And I just told Jeff that I hope I die before he does so I don't have to live without him. Since that is another thing that makes me cry thinking about it I'm not elaborating any more.

What a sad post!
xoxo...P

No comments:

Post a Comment